I count myself a fairly lucky person. No, not because I've taken the gypsy life on, full swing, quitting my job and travelling around North America relatively care free. I count myself lucky, because if you haven't guessed yet, I have some pretty incredible people in my life. I count myself lucky that over the years I have somehow managed to find individuals that I may not see for days, months, weeks, and even years but am still lucky enough to call my friend.
I've spent the last two (plus) weeks in Minnetonka, MN staying with my friend Amber, her sister Ashley and her fiance Paul, and their roommate Cam. I haven't seen Amber in over a year. Sure we may Skype and FaceTime, we text and catch up on Facebook, but something can be said about a relationship when you can go for such long periods of time without seeing one another and when you're finally in the same room, it's like you haven't been apart for a single minute.
I know it's been a little while since I wrote a new post. I don't want anyone to think that I have given up on The North America Project, because I haven't. I was just taking some much needed R&R - yes, sometimes you even need a vacation from the vacation. Although I don't have any tales or words of wisdom for this post, you can rest assured as tomorrow I will be getting back on the road and we all know what that means - more stories, more posts. But for now, I want to take a moment and give a sincere thank you and shout out not only to my incredible friend Amber and her household for letting me into their home, and lives, and more than likely getting in their way a time or two, but I also I want to thank all the folks out there that have given me a bed or a couch to sleep in/on over the last three months.
It's been an incredible three months, and I have met so many amazing people and I would not have been able to do many of the incredible things I have done this far without your kindness and hospitality. From Toronto to Maine to Kissimmee back to Minnesota, and everyone in between - to all my hosts, for everything,
Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment