For those of you just tuning in, one year ago I was on my way home for Christmas - unbeknownst to virtually anyone - other than the two people that helped me hide out.
One year ago.
I guess it's true what they say about time flying, fun, and all that jazz. After all, I feel like every time I close my eyes I'm lying on the beach in Pescadero, California spying the seals sun bathing on the rocks. Or, I'm walking up Broadway in Nashville, Tennessee - exceptional live music echoing out of each honky tonk. Or, I'm slipping and sliding down a hiking trail on the way to the hot springs in who-knows-where, Idaho. Or, I'm cautiously exploring the eerie twists and turns of a deserted amusement park in New Orleans, Louisiana. I can get caught in a daydream that lands me just about any where on this continent transported by a smell, or sound, or taste. It's incredible.
Many of you that followed my adventure that was The North America Project know that this was a temporary adventure of my gypsy heart. But, now it's time to formally bid you and this journey a farewell. Although it has been over for quite some time now, I don't think I've ever said thank you to all the eyes out there in cyber space that have followed along with each post, each state or province, each word. Thank you.
Before I seal this chapter, many of you might recall the very first post in this journey: "What's Next". You'll recall as the journey progressed, so did the plan - or rather, lack there of. Nonetheless, I find myself at that intersect of wondering - now what. Over the last couple of months I've found that something has been missing - something to write about. I just can't seem to put my finger on a topic of interest; or rather, one of prolonged interest that would span the duration of more than a couple posts. If you've followed along, you already know I have an affinity for story-telling. I love writing - especially about the good because, well, there just 'aint enough of that out there!
I figured, maybe this time, YOU can tell me:
"What's Next?"
No comments:
Post a Comment