I heard of the impending implementation when I was in Washington, D.C. in September. I listened to the arguments for and against when I was in Florida in October. I witnessed a rage-fuelled rant about how it was ruining the country when I was in Minnesota then Alabama in November. I was questioned about the differences between Canada and the US (by a five year old) when I was in Oklahoma in December. And I continue to hear the ramblings, the arguments, the pros, the cons, as I make my way from Montana to Arizona and to California - to name a few.
It's been going on for months. The banter, the rage, the short-sightedness of an entire country. And, I for one, am rather sick of the whole thing. I know this post probably wont be too popular with many of my readers, especially the ones residing south of the border. But, it has to be addressed. I am tired. I am exhausted, rather, of hearing about health care. I am riddled with bullet wounds from the crossfire of debates as to why it is such an horrendous thing, or how does Canada manage to do it differently. You know what, America, I'm over it.
In order to make this post short and sweet, I am going to say one thing: President Obama, how dare you. How dare you try and do something that is going to make your country better, a better place to live - for everyone. How dare you try and make it so that surviving cancer doesn't mean you have to take out a second, or third, mortgage on your house in order to pay medical bills. How dare you try and make having an appendectomy mean you won't have to get a second, or third, job in order to put food on the table. How dare you try and make the aftermath of a broken leg or surviving a car accident manageable so that these victims don't survive only to end up with no where to make surviving worth it.
How dare you.
I hear ya girlie! How dare he? I don't understand the debate, why wouldn't you want to know that children with ear infections can get the care that they need and not die from a high fever because the cost of the doctor is not in that parent's budget for the month, or the hospital didn't turn the frantic mother away because her HMO doesn't cover it.
ReplyDelete