It started when I was in Quebec and has only gotten worse the further I travel from home.
Driving down the street. Pulling into parking lots. I even see it when I have parked my car in a lot as other people walk by.
I wonder if people's necks are getting sore yet from that dramatic 180 degree turn they all seem to be doing when they see my license plate from Friendly Manitoba.
I find it rather comedic. Sure, I am a little ways from home but it's not like I have a license plate hailing from somewhere really far like Tanzania or Brazil - granted visitors from these countries probably would not have driven to anywhere in North America, still.
Manitoba, I am doing my best to be a good ambassador. I try to drive safe. Let people in when they need to switch lanes or are turning out of a lot. I follow the rules of the road yet keep up with traffic and never appear to be lost - even at times when I have absolutely zero idea where I am or where I am going. I feel like I have a responsibility to prove that not all Winnipeggers are awful drivers, regardless of what people may say. While I work on that out here, maybe y'all can work on that one back home?
Either way, I'll keep getting those looks and I'll keep doing my best to leave a good impression.
Manitoba?(!)
Manitoba.
No comments:
Post a Comment