Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Long Time Gone: A Status Update

December 31st?! That was the last time I wrote a post? Some of you out there may be getting annoyed. Some of you may have forgotten about me. And, some of you that may not know otherwise, might even think I'm dead.

Well, tricked you! I'm still here.

Remember when I surprised my family and friends and showed up in Winnipeg for Christmas? Then remember that time when I couldn't find my motivation to leave? My body also decided that over the month and a bit that I was home it wanted to get food poisoning, the flu, AND the stomach flu. While I was sick I saw a quote (and I know some of you have already read it if you follow me on Instagram) but the quote goes a little something like this: "Giving up on a goal because of a setback is like slashing your other three tires because you got a flat" (unknown). I was finally done throwing myself a pity party. I knew it was time to get back on the road - now or never.

On Friday January 31st I loaded up my car, and was on the road. By now you've realized that this post shares no profound wisdom or life experiences. I just wanted to stop by and update anyone that might be wondering when this adventure was going to be starting up again. As I sit here in Missoula, Montana let me tell you: it's already begun.

Stay tuned.

The gypsy life is back in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment